How do I wear my Myzone?
This depends on your device. Select your belt type to learn more:
Can I use my Myzone belt outside of a Myzone partner facility?
Yes! While training at a Myzone facility, your workouts are automatically uploaded by the in-club system whether your mobile app is used or not. Outside of a facility, the upload process is slightly different:
- If using the MZ-3 or MZ-Switch, your device uploads to your account automatically while connected to the app. When the mobile app is closed, your MZ-3 will store approximately 14-16 hours and the MZ-Switch up to 36 hours of heart rate data to memory until the next time you connect.
- If using the MZ-1, your device uploads to your account automatically while connected to the app. The MZ-1 does not have internal memory, so any workout performed without viewing your heart rate on the Live Tile will not be saved.
- Workout missing? Check out our guides for missing workouts: Troubleshooting
How do I know my belt has activated?
- The MZ-3 and the MZ-Switch (chest strap) will activate and beep once your heart rate is detected. It will turn off and beep three times once the belt is removed and a heart rate is no longer detected.
- The MZ-1 does not beep, but will show up in your Bluetooth menu as an available device when worn and activated. It will turn off when removed and a heart rate is no longer detected.
- The MZ-Switch worn on the wrist or arm strap will activate and beep when the button is pressed. It will deactivate and beep three times when the button is pressed again.
Tip: unsnap the module from the red strap between uses to preserve battery health and prevent phantom workouts!
Why doesn’t my heart rate display on the screen at my gym?
The in-club system is designed to display the Live Tile of any belt within range of the receiver (whether you are a member or not) as long as it is activated and has a proper reading of your heart rate.
If your Tile is not shown, please check that your belt has properly activated and read our troubleshooting guides or speak to club staff if necessary: Belt Troubleshooting
How do I know if my module has a low battery?
You will receive a pop-up notification in the Myzone app when your battery life is below 20%. You can also view your battery level from the icon on the banner at the top of your mobile app.
We highly recommend viewing our charging guidelines to ensure the longevity of your device.
When will I receive my email summary?
Within 30 minutes of your upload, you will receive an email with a summary of your latest session. You may be emailed an updated summary if not all of your workout uploaded at once.
Why hasn't my 8-minute HIIT workout saved?
Your mobile app will only create a summary and graph for workouts lasting 10 minutes or longer.
How can I record two separate workout sessions?
The Myzone must be removed from your body and turned off for at least 10 minutes in order to restart the session timer and begin a new workout.
Can I use more than one belt with my account?
You may only use one device at a time on your account, but you are able to change your device ID at any time. See How to I Add a New Belt to My Account
Can I still wear my chest strap if I have a hairy chest?
Yes, but be sure to moisten the sensors on the back of the strap to improve connection. You can also try rotating the strap so that the sensors are on your back where there might be less interference.
I have a heart condition-- should I take any special precautions when wearing my Myzone heart rate monitor?
We always encourage discussing a new fitness regimen with your primary care doctor before you begin. Myzone is not meant to be a tool that will detect heart conditions or irregularities, so it is important to take precautions, monitor your exercise and stop immediately if you do not feel good.
Can I swim with my Myzone belt?
Please see our guide: Can I Swim with my Myzone Belt?