First things first, always ensure your device is activated. For all belts, they must be worn. We recommend wetting the black sensors on the back of the chest strap to speed things up. For the Switch and the MZ-3, always listen for the beep to confirm it activated. If your belt is not activating, see our belt troubleshooting guides:
Confirm Device ID# Ensure your device ID is entered correctly in the app by selecting in the top-right corner.
Check your Bluetooth Settings: If your belt is turning on but you receive the message "Bluetooth and Location must be turned on" on your Live Tile screen, this means your Bluetooth permissions or settings may need adjusting.
Note: if you are using the MZ-1 or MZ-3 and attempting to pair the device with a second app or device via Bluetooth, you may see 0% on your tile or not be able to connect at all. Disconnecting your device from the second app or device should resolve the issue.
**Your phone must be an iPhone 5 or higher and run on iOS 12 or higher.
Turn On Bluetooth Permissions
For iPhones running iOS 13 or higher, please complete these steps to edit your Bluetooth Permissions:
- Open your phone's general settings
- Scroll down until you see the Myzone app. Select Myzone.
- Slide Bluetooth Sharing ON. This needs to be enabled at all times.
- Navigate back to the Myzone app and click on My Tile.
If you are still experiencing trouble:
- Put your device on. Wet the sensors on the back of the strap to ensure it activates quickly.
- Log out of your Myzone account.
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth off, then turn it back on.
- If Myzone appears under "available devices” and your tile still does not display in the app, first close out the Myzone app. Next, return to Bluetooth settings and click the "i" next to your device's name, then, "forget device." Reboot the phone, open the app, log in and tap My Tile.
- If none of the prior steps have worked, please uninstall and re-install the Myzone app.
**Your phone needs to have Bluetooth LE and be on Android OS 5 or higher.
Turn On Permissions and Enable Background Data Usage
- Open your phone’s general Settings.
- Select Apps
- Select Myzone from the list of Apps
- Once inside that Myzone menu, ensure all permissions are allowed except Phone and Microphone. Note: newer versions of Android will have a Nearby Devices permission that needs to be allowed.
- Navigate back to the Myzone app details and open Mobile Data & Wifi and enable Background Data.
Check Location Accuracy
- Return to your phone’s general settings
- Select Location
- Ensure that Bluetooth Scanning & Google Location Accuracy are both on. (Some Android versions list this as High Accuracy mode)
Note: Android devices typically reject attempts to pair with a heart rate monitor over Bluetooth, as that is not actually how the belt communicates with the Myzone app. If the device is listed as connected/paired, or if you have attempted to pair and gotten a "rejected" message, please cycle the Bluetooth off/on. Navigate back to the Myzone app and click on your Workout Tile.
Please check the Myzone App has unrestricted access to your phone's battery usage. This is found by going to your phone's General Settings (not Myzone app settings) > Apps > Myzone > Battery. Under the "Usage" section, make sure that "Unrestricted" is selected (not Optimized or Restricted).
If you are still unable to connect, please contact Myzone Support by tapping help on the app or via the https://myzonesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.