What Are Some Telltale Signs That My Estimated MHR May Be Incorrect?
There are several obvious signs that your estimated MHR may need an adjustment.
- Your RPE and Myzone effort zones do not match during several cardiorespiratory workouts.
- You are in the GREY and BLUE zones even though you are putting in a lot of effort.
- You are in the RED zone for several minutes at a time and feel that you could continue exercising without needing to stop.
- Remember, the RED zone should feel incredibly challenging and should not be something you can maintain for more than a couple minutes at a time. The exception to this is highly trained individuals who have a very high anaerobic threshold.
- You keep hitting 100% of your estimated MHR without putting in maximal effort.
- If you reach 100% of your estimated MHR and hold it for at least 40 seconds, Myzone will automatically adjust your estimated MHR to the heart rate you were able to hold above 100%. In this case, you will receive an email from Myzone notifying you of this adjustment. If the adjustment was made in error, please contact Myzone support.
How Do I Adjust My Estimated MHR?
While Myzone users cannot adjust their estimated MHR on their own, Myzone Support can help. Click submit a ticket or contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through your Myzone app. Click on “Settings,” then “Support” in the app and you will be able to contact support via live chat or via email.
In your message, explain the discrepancy between your RPE and Myzone effort zones and ask to have your estimated MHR adjusted accordingly.