1) The MZ-3 should be charged using the USB cable provided. Charge via a computer USB port or wall outlet using a standard 5 Volt USB adapter (not included). Do not charge with a 9-volt power adapter as this could damage your MZ-3.
- Charging should only occur after 4-6 months with regular use and care. For more charging tips, check out our How to Charge My Belt article.
- We also highly recommend you only charge your module for 1-2 hours maximum as charging anything more than 2 hours at a given time can result in overcharge and permanent damage to the module.
2) Try and let the battery get to less than 20% before charging. You will get a push notification via your app when your battery falls below 20% charge. For best practice, revert to point #1 when ready to charge.
3) Keep the Module and the Strap separated when not in use. Keeping the black module snapped in will decrease the battery life.
4) Store the module in a cool, dark, dry, and non-conductive place.
5) Keep the metal snaps clean and free of perspiration salt build-up. They can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab.
6) Using electrode gel on the strap's contact sensors can increase their lifespan and the gel not only helps maintain great readings for long workouts, but it slows the perspiration salts from deteriorating the rubber.
The red strap can be washed, however, we recommend handwashing to prolong the life of the strap. Always remove the black module before washing the strap. If choosing to machine wash, place the red strap in cold water, on delicate cycle and always let air dry flat - do not put in the drying machine.
Below is a quick video that goes over best care practices for your belt.