1) Always charge your MZ3 via USB Port on a computer, never a wall outlet. Charging should only occur after 4-6 months with regular use and care.
2) Try and let the battery get to less than 20% before charging. You will get a notification when your battery falls below 20% charge.
3) Keep the Module and the Strap separated when not in use. Keeping the black module snapped in will decrease the battery life.
4) Store the module in a cool, dark, dry, and non-conductive place.
5) Keep the metal snaps clean and free of perspiration salt build-up. They can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab.
6) Using electrode gel on the strap's contact sensors can increase their lifespan and the gel not only helps maintain great readings for long workouts, but it slows the perspiration salts from deteriorating the rubber.
The red strap can be washed, however we recommend handwashing to prolong the life of the strap. Always remove the black module before washing the strap. If choosing to machine wash, place the red strap in cold water, on delicate cycle and always let air dry flat - do not put in the drying machine.
Below is a quick video that goes over best care practices for your belt.