MZ-Chat is a feature in the Myzone app that allows you to privately message your friends or clients. Whether you're a club staff member or simply want to connect with fellow Myzone users, MZ-Chat provides a powerful tool for direct communication, providing feedback, and fostering motivation. This article will guide you through the process of sending messages, creating group chats, adding friends, and managing your MZ-Chats effectively.
Sending a Direct Message
- Tap the Menu button at the bottom of the screen and select "Connections/Groups."
- Find the desired connection and tap the three dots (...) next to their name.
- Choose "Open Chat" to start a direct message conversation.
- Alternatively, access MZ-Chat directly from the Menu and search for the connection to initiate a chat.
Creating a Group Chat
There are two methods to create a group chat.
- Tap the menu icon on the navigation bar and select Connections/Groups. Tap the Groups Tab.
- If you need to create a new group, click the New Group icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the three dots (...) next to the group name and select 'Open Group Chat.' Begin typing in the text box at the bottom of the screen.
- Selecting 'Send group message' will send your message to members of the group individually, so when they respond, only you will see what they wrote.
- From the Menu, select MZ-Chat, and choose the + icon at the top right.
- Select Create MZ-Chat Group, type in the name of your group chat, then tap the checkmark in the top right-hand corner.
Type connection names in the 'Filter Connections' field to add members. Tap their picture to add them to the chat group. Tap the checkmark in the top right-hand corner.
Adding Friends to a Group Chat
- To add more friends to a group chat after its been created, open the MZ-Chat message and click on the icon in the top right corner.
- Pull the arrow on the right-hand side to access your connections list.
Scroll or search for friends to add to the group chat. To add them, tap their tile, then click the checkmark in the upper right corner.
NOTE: Only admins of the chat can add additional friends.
Managing Your MZ-Chat
- Open the MZ-Chat message and click the icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap the three dots (...) in the upper right corner for additional options.
- Update Admins: Grant admin access to other chat members for added control.
- Transfer Ownership: Assign someone else as the owner and remove your admin access.
- Edit MZ-Chat: Modify the name of the group chat for clarity or delete the chat.
- To leave a chat, click the icon, and confirm. You won't receive notifications afterward.