Integrating Quoox with Zoom and Myzone makes creating and managing your online MZ-Remote sessions as easy as configuring an in-person session!
How does it work?
Members book per the Quoox app, as per usual, and simply click the “Join Session” button shortly before the class begins. Members with Myzone belts registered with Quoox are taken into the MyZone app for their session to be delivered via MZ-Remote. Those without are taken directly into the Zoom Livestream.
A few important points to note:
- Once integrated, you do not need to do any additional configuration in either Zoom or MZ-Book. Quoox will create your Zoom meetings, and administer the MZ-Book records for you. You should not amend any of this information manually.
- Members are identified between the systems by email addresses. Members must be using the same email address as the primary Quoox email and their primary Myzone login. If they differ, it will not be possible to book the member onto the MZ-Remote session until this is remedied.
- Quoox identifies a member as being a Myzone user by their belt ID being logged against their Quoox member profile. This is easily administered by the member linking their Quoox app to their Myzone account. Alternatively, the Myzone belt ID may be added manually to the member record.
- Myzone remains the controller of the belt IDs, and members must always keep their belt ID updated in Myzone.
- If a member has a non-matching email or their belt ID is missing at the time of booking, their MZ-Book record will not be created. Once corrected, the bookings may be re-synced with MZ-Book by selecting the “Re-sync with MZ-Book” option from the Quoox bookings screen.
Linking Quoox to Zoom
For MZ-Remote, it is suggested to link Quoox to Zoom. For more information on connecting Zoom and Quoox, check out this article from the Quoox website.
Linking Quoox to Myzone
Linking to your Myzone facility account is quick and easy and is something you only need to do once.
From within Settings > Integrations click the Connect Myzone button. This will take you to the Myzone login screen.
Enter your Myzone login credentials. These must be facility owner-level credentials, as opposed to a regular member or coach.
Once logged in, you will be returned to the integrations screen and your Myzone facility will have been selected. If you have multiple facilities, you should select the appropriate facility for this integration and click Save.
Note: Once linked, it may take a few minutes for the Myzone functionality to become available within your Quoox portal.
Booking Session Attendees
Attendees are booked onto MZ-Remote enabled sessions exactly the same way as any other session. Members may either book themselves via the Quoox app, or they can be booked by a staff member via the portal. Quoox takes care of creating the corresponding MZ-Book records, and no additional steps are required.
Important: As per the notes above, the MZ-Book record is created at the time of booking. If the member’s email address does not match, or they do not have a belt registered in Quoox, their MZ-Book record will not be created. Once this situation is resolved, the MZ-Book records can be created by clicking “Re-sync with MZ-Book” within the booking screen.
Members should not and cannot book sessions managed by Quoox via the Myzone app.
Starting Online Class Session as Instructor
As the class time draws close, the coach may start the Zoom session and open the MZ-Remote Live Board from within the booking screen.
The Zoom session and Live board are opened in new windows and may be positioned on the same or different screens. Roll-call and other features may be conducted as per usual.
Note: Unlike members attending the Zoom session directly, members attending using MZ-Remote may not always be marked as attended. It is recommended that, as per best practice, roll-call be conducted manually. Roll-call also enables your coaches to see important medical notes; actions; reminders etc.
Joining a Class
The recommended route for members joining a session is by clicking the “Join Session” button within the Quoox app. This button becomes available 5 minutes before the start of the session.
Registered Myzone users will be taken directly to the session in the Myzone app. Non-Myzone users will have the session launched in Zoom.
The member should always have the latest versions of the Zoom and Myzone apps installed, along with the latest version of Quoox. It is highly recommended that members turn on “automatic updates” on their devices.
It is also possible for registered Myzone users to join an MZ-Remote session by clicking the “Join Now” button in their Myzone booking diary.
The join link sent to members via the email confirmation is the Zoom link only.
Cancel a Booking
Cancellations are handled by Quoox automatically. If a member cancels, or you cancel them, Quoox will remove the corresponding MZ-Book and Zoom records.
If you cancel an entire session, Quoox will firstly cancel the individual bookings in MZ-Book and Zoom, and then cancel the class/meeting.
Moving a Session
If you need to move a session start time, this is done in the usual manner. Quoox will move the meeting in Zoom. It will cancel the previous class in MZ-Book, and then re-create the class at the new time.
MZ-Book Statuses and Re-syncing
It is possible to see the status of MZ-Book record creation in the Quoox booking screen.
In the hints column, the user’s Myzone belt ID is displayed (as recorded in Quoox). Next to this is the Myzone symbol. The color of the symbol indicates the booking status, and further details may be seen by hovering your mouse over it.
The different statuses include:
- Pending – MZ-Book sessions are created 6 days in advance of the session. The pending status typically means that the 6-day threshold has not yet been reached. Once it is, the member will be booked.
- Enqueued – The member is queued to be booked, and will be processed (likely in the next few seconds)
- Booking In Progress – The member is in the process of being booked.
- Booked – The member has been successfully booked into MZ-Book.
- User Email Not Recognised – The member has a belt recorded in Quoox, but the member’s primary email address does not match any registered for members of the corresponding Myzone facility.
Once any member setup issues have been resolved (i.e. email corrected; belt ID added etc.), select Re-sync with MZ-Book from the More actions menu to have Quoox re-process the bookings. This task happens in the background, so the status in the booking screen may not be updated until a short while later.
Disconnecting Myzone with Quoox
In the unlikely event that you wish to disconnect your Myzone facility account, select the Disconnect Myzone facility from the drop-down list within the Myzone section of Settings > Integrations.
It may take a few minutes for the disconnection to propagate through the Quoox system. Once disconnected Quoox will no longer update MZ-Book, and the MZ-Remote settings will be removed.
Interested in Quoox?
Check out this article on more information about Quoox and the MZ-Remote integration.