Before you begin:
Strap your MZ-Switch to your wrist or arm, then press the pulse button until you hear a beep and see the light flash green.
Strap your MZ-Switch to your chest and allow at least 30 seconds for your MZ-Switch to detect your heart rate—the chest strap reads a few cycles of your heart rate before activating to ensure accuracy.
- The power button does not work when used on the chest; Please do not press the button to activate when using it here. It automatically activates when the EKG pads on your strap pick up your heart rate.
- Always thoroughly dampen the strap sensors to speed up connection
1. Choose the strap best strap for your workout:
- Wear the wristband for swimming and non-gripping activities with repetitive movements.
- Wear the armband for a more accurate reading of non-gripping activities and repetitive movements. Don’t use the armband for swimming.
Wear the chest strap for the most accurate reading for all types of exercises, but not swimming.
Check out our guide for the best way to wear your MZ-Switch for everything from dancing and diving to horseback riding and hockey.
2. Snug is best
- Make sure the strap is comfortably snug on your wrist, arm, or chest.
- On your wrist or arm, you should not be able to see the green LED's against your skin, but it should not be so tight that it restricts blood flow.
- On your chest, it should be tight enough that it does not shift with movement, but not to the point of discomfort.
3. Check your battery level
With your belt on and activated, open your Myzone app and click My Tile. Your battery life will show beneath your % effort.
If you wear your Switch on your wrist and see it flash orange when you press it on or off, this means you are at 30% battery life. Snap it into its charging cable and plug in to a computer USB or 5v charging block to get fully charged up for next time and avoid data loss.
4. Keep your chest strap clean
Salt build-up on your strap can cause performance issues and shorten the life of your strap. Rinse your strap after each workout, and once a week (or every five uses), give your strap a good clean in the washing machine, then lay flat or hang to dry. Also, periodically wipe around the snaps
of the module with a damp cloth or cotton swab.
Avoid using rubbing alcohol or other solvents, as that can break down the components of your belt.
If these steps do not help, test the module on a different strap to determine which piece is the faulty component.
Replacing your Myzone strap
Sooner or later, just like the rest of your workout gear, your belt will need replacing. Generally speaking, you will need to replace your strap after 9-12 months of use. This is just a guide and depends on how often you wear your belt, how hard you train and whether you regularly swap it with spares.
When the time comes to say goodbye to your trusty workout companion, simply head to buy.myzone.org to order a new strap and keep your MEP count growing!
Sweat. Rinse. Repeat. Replace.