Before you begin:
Strap your MZ-Switch to your wrist or arm, then press the pulse button until you hear a beep and see the light flash green.
Strap your MZ-Switch to your chest and allow at least 30 seconds for your MZ-Switch to detect your heart rate—the chest strap reads a few cycles of your heart rate before activating to ensure accuracy.
- Always thoroughly dampen the strap sensors to expedite activation.
1. Choose the strap best strap for your workout:
- Wear the wristband for swimming and non-gripping activities with repetitive movements.
- Wear the armband for a more accurate reading of non-gripping activities and repetitive movements. Don’t use the armband for swimming.
Wear the chest strap for the most accurate reading for all types of exercises, apart from swimming.
Check out our guide for the best way to wear your MZ-Switch for everything from dancing and diving to horseback riding and hockey.
2. Snug is best
- Make sure the strap is comfortably snug on your wrist, arm, or chest.
- On your wrist or arm, you should not be able to see the green LED's against your skin, but it should not be so tight that it restricts blood flow.
- On your chest, it should be tight enough that it does not shift with movement, but not to the point of discomfort.
3. Check your battery level
Check your battery at any time on the workout screen on the app. No need to have your belt activated—the app remembers the charge level from the last time it saw your belt.
If you wear your Switch on your wrist and see it flash orange when you press it on or off, this means you are at 30% battery life. Snap it into its charging cable and plug in to a computer USB or 5v charging block to prevent get fully charged up for next time.
4. Keep your chest strap clean
Salt build-up can impede the connection and also cause chafing--make sure you wipe it down thoroughly. The strap can be washed machine-washed in cold water, but don't put it in the dryer.
Clean around the snaps with an alcohol swab to clear away any salt or soap residue.
5. Still Having Problems?
Myzone Technical Support can help with warranty replacements. From the main screen on the app, tap Help to submit a ticket or to speak to someone.